Thursday 6 March 2014

What's in your make up bag?

So, I've been told, by models on photo shoots that I do my make up well. Obviously I'm miles off make up artist standard but it was a nice compliment so I thought I would give a list of my essential products and some recommendations/ avoidance guidance. 

 FROM LEFT TO RIGHT

Rimmel dream matt mouse! Yeah it does last ages and a little goes a long way, but I am definately wanting an upgrade as soon as it's finished with (a new years resolution of mine is to use all of what I have before buying more). It leaves my cheeks looking quite dry and comes off quite easily when you are sweaty. I do like how easy it is to apply though and recommend it if you aren't greasy and have a good skin care routine (which I don't - really). £7.99 when I got it.

Avon dual ended black and purple eyeliner - since my hair is purple I kinda combo it and use it on my eyebrows, does the job perfectly. In terms of proper eyeliner though, it doesn't stay too well, just like a lot of pencils which is why I use liquid. It was on offer for £2.50

Rimmel mascara - I don't go for mahoosive lashes like some people, so yeah it does the job in coating them and making them black. A good cheap eyeliner at £4.99

Rimmel waterproof mascara £5.29 Right,  I do love it and it does stay on well through tears and sweat but it's definitely harder to apply. It requires a few layers and sometimes looks a bit flakey and shiny so I will again, be seeking an upgrade when it is all used (it was on offer when I got it and got 2 gah)

Avon quad of eyeshadows- I do love these, they stay pretty well and the combinations are lovely. I do really love the silver when I use my MAC Carbon eyeshadow as well. Obviously there are some better ones in the market but it is really good and lasts a while too. £7 when I got it.

Avon dicontinues lipstick. As you can see it's nearly all gone but it is an ace colour,  I love it and it lasts, it will be a hard one to replace £2.50

So these are my basics, other products I use are a black MAC eyeshadow, Avon blush pearls, Lush purple eyeshadow/eyeliner, and a concealer stick. Plus loads of odd bits which I need to use more so I can get on with my new years resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment